|£12.95 plus holiday pay, per hour, paid weekly
The Goodwood Events Catering Team is looking for individuals who share our energy and passion and who will contribute to the delivery of exceptional experiences both on a seasonal and more casual staff basis. The seasonal role is between March – October 2024. It would be around 1500 hours work during this period. Could this be you?
The Goodwood Estate, West Sussex is located within the stunning countryside and is the only place where you can have Horse Racing and Motor Sports in one place. Making this a unique and wonderful place to work.
Our main aim is to ensure that all areas are prepared for operation, maintained, and subsequently cleared once the event is over. This includes delivering all drinks stock and catering equipment needed for each specific area at the various events whilst always complying with company policies and standards. Ensuring all stock is handled and stored efficiently and effectively. This includes setting up the site, supporting the event itself and breaking down the site and organizing remaining stock.
The ideal candidate will:
· Have their own transport or live very locally to Goodwood Racecourse.
· Be of reasonable physical fitness. The role will include lifting, stacking, and storing a large amount of drinks stock and equipment including beer kegs and gas cylinders.
· Be available for work over weekends as well as early mornings and evenings over events.
· Have a good mind for organisation. Part of the role will be to keep the cellar(s) clean and tidy as organisation and stock rotation are a key part of the job.
· Have good communication skills. Team work is extremely important to us fulfilling our role for the events, therefore good communication skills and a mindset for teamwork is essential.
· Be accountable for your work. As a part of this team, you will be moving stock and equipment around a fairly large site, therefore we would encourage you to take ownership of your role and engage in logical discussion as to how we can improve our processes as a team.
· Experience in cellar/logistics work is not necessary as full training will be provided.
· Experience in events/hospitality/warehouse or inventory would be preferred but not essential.
· Forklift accreditation/experience is preferred but not necessary.
· Enjoy the event! We want you to enjoy the buzz of working for the events team at Goodwood and being part of what makes a large-scale operation run efficiently, profitably, and enjoyably for all involved both for attendees of the event and the staff themselves.